FRI - SEPT. 6:
- Martinis & IMAX “Penguins” and “Hidden Universe”: Escape the heat of the South and travel to a land full of snowy peaks and glaciers or explore a galaxy truly out of this world with this month’s featured films at the Fernbank.
- Atlanta Hydrocephalus Association WALK: Come join us as we support the Hydrocephalus Association and WALK to raise funds and spread awareness about this lifelong condition. Family and Friends are welcome for the walk, food, fun and entertainment. Join a team or start your own to raise funds for this year’s Atlanta area HA WALK!
- Great Shredder Event (Recycling and Donations): St. Vincent de Paul will be the beneficiary of CBS Atlanta's Great Shredder Event on Saturday, Sept. 7th from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Turner Field's Blue Lot. Everyone is welcome to bring confidential paper to be shredded, including taxes, old bills and other papers which need to be shredded.
- Pirate and Princess Day: Enjoy a fun-filled day of pirate and princess activities at Georgia Aquarium! Activities include arts and crafts, tattoo stations, costumed characters from Medieval Times and more! Children age 12 and under dressed in princess, prince or pirate costumes will receive FREE admission with each paying adult.
- East Atlanta's "Anything Grows" Food Gardens Tour: Come get fresh with the locals and join us Sunday, Sept. 8 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. to explore one of Atlanta's most eclectic and funky neighborhoods through the lens of food and community. The tour will highlight imaginative and sustainable landscapes that feature food gardens, native plants, exotic foods, farm animals, rainwater catchment systems, and much more.
- Wheat Street Baptist Church to Honor Gospel Icon, Marvin Anderson: At 4 p.m. as the city of Atlanta and Wheat Street Baptist Church join together to honor renowned gospel organist and composer, Marvin Anderson. A native Atlantan and graduate of Turner High School, Anderson served as organist for Wheat Street for than 55 years.