by Patch Staff
Maynard Jackson’s State-of-the-Cluster Meeting will be held on January 24th, 2013 at Maynard Jackson High School, and is open to all community members and stakeholders.
A school fair will begin at 5:30 p.m. and the meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m.
The meeting will be held at Jackson's temporary home, 1550 Hosea L. Williams Dr. NE, while the school's Grant Park campus is being renovated.
The Jackson cluster includes:
- Coan and King middle schools
- Toomer, Parkside, Whitefoord, Benteen, D.H. Stanton and Dunbar Elementary schools and Burgess-Peterson Academy
- Drew Charter, Atlanta Neighborhood Charter and Wesley International Academy.
Join principals and leaders as they discuss:
- Mission and vision of the Jackson cluster
- School achievements
- Plans for the future
- Opportunities for student and parent involvement
- Transitions, partnerships, collaboration and more
At the start of the 2012-13 school year, Superintendent Erroll B. Davis Jr. delivered a state-of-the-district address to speak candidly about the district's challenges and new work to build a culture of excellence systemwide.
Now, our K-12 regional executive directors and school principals will hold their own forums to provide an update on the state of the schools in each cluster. APS leaders will discuss the academic offerings in APS schools and answer questions from parents, students, employees and partners.