by Patch Staff
Fulton County Department of Registration and Elections reminds residents who intend to vote in the General Primary on July 31, 2012, that the voter registration deadline is 5 p.m. Monday, July 2, 2012.
To register to vote in Georgia, you must satisfy these requirements:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a legal resident of Georgia and of the county in which you wish to vote
- Be at least 18 years of age on Election Day. Once the Department receives the completed voter registration application, precinct cards are mailed within two to three weeks of that receipt.
You may register to vote or update your voter information at one of three county offices:
- The Fulton County Board of Registration and Elections at 130 Peachtree St. SW, Atlanta
- The Fulton County North Annex at 7741 Roswell Road, Atlanta
- The Fulton County South Annex at 5600 Stonewall Tell Rd., College Park.
Voter registration forms also are available at the Georgia Secretary of State’s Office and all Atlanta-Fulton County Public Library branches. You may download a voter registration form at www.fultoncountyga.gov/elections/.
If you have recently moved into Fulton County, you will need to re-register as a Fulton County voter. The same form is used for voter registration, address change and/or name change.
If you are registering for the first time in Georgia, you must provide one of the following forms of identification:
- Any valid state or federal government issued photo ID, including a FREE Voter ID Card issued by the county registrar’s office or the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS)
- A Georgia Driver’s License, even if expired
- A valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of this state
- A valid U.S. passport ID
- A valid U.S. military photo ID
- A valid tribal photo ID
- A copy of a current utility bill
- A bank statement
- A government check
- A paycheck
- Any other government document that shows the name and address of the individual