Civic League for Regional Atlanta will host a forum titled "Making Sense of the 1 Cent: A Dialogue on the Economic Impact of Regional Transportation Investment" to discuss the penny tax vote to fund road and transit projects throughout the Atlanta region.
The forum will feature John Robert Smith, a former small-town Mississippi mayor who is now president of Reconnecting America, a national nonprofit that helps communities overcome development challenges. Other panelists are:
- Leonardo McClarty, President, DeKalb Chamber of Commerce
- Julianne Thompson, Co-founder, Georgia Tea Party Patriots
- Mike Alexander, Research Division Chief, Atlanta Regional Commission
- John Keys, consultant representing Georgia Council on Developmental Disabilities and Statewide Independent Living Council of Georgia
- Colleen Kiernan, Executive Director, The Sierra Club of Georgia
A continental breakfast will be served