Many voters are taking advantage of the opportunity to cast their ballots early.
Early voting began Monday and lasts through Nov. 2. The general election is Nov. 6.
Nearly 5,000 voters in Fulton County had cast their ballots by the end of the day Monday, according to the Fulton County Department of Registration & Elections.
In DeKalb County, 5,529 residents had voted as of Monday's tally, according to the DeKalb County Voter Registration & Elections Office.
Here's how it breaks down by location:
Fulton CountyNo. of votes
Adamsville Recreation Center
North Service Center
South Service Center
Total Number of Voters
No. of votesMain Office AAP
1,084 Main Office Regular
2,442 Comm. Achieve. Ctr. 975 Tucker Rec.
If you live in Fulton County, here are the locations where you may cast early ballots:
- Adamsville Recreational Center (3201 Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. SW, Atlanta)
- Buckhead Library (269 Buckhead Ave., Atlanta)
- Fulton County Government Center (130 Peachtree St. SW, Suite 2186, Atlanta)
- North Fulton Service Center (7741 Roswell Rd., Suite 232, Sandy Springs)
- Ocee Library (5090 Abbotts Bridge Rd., Johns Creek)
- South Fulton Service Center (5600 Stonewall Tell Rd., Room 108, College Park)
Hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Saturday Voting will be offered at all six locations on Saturday, Oct. 27, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Registered voters can request an absentee ballot by mail by filling out an absentee ballot application and e-mailing it to Elections.Absentee@fultoncountyga.gov or faxing it to the Fulton County Department of Registration and Elections (404.730.8839 or 404.730.7024). The application is available at www.fultonelections.com.
The deadline to request an absentee ballot for the Nov. 6, 2012 General Election is Friday, Nov. 2, 2012. Completed absentee ballots must be received by the Fulton County Department of Registration and Elections no later than 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 6, 2012 at one of three County facilities: the Fulton County Government Center, the North Fulton Service Center or the South Fulton Service Center.
For those voters who reside in DeKalb County:
Voters may cast their ballots early at:
- Voter Registration & Elections Office (4380 Memorial Dr., Suite 300, Decatur) There will be two areas, one exclusively for senior and disabled voters
- South DeKalb - Community Achievement Center Inc. (4522 Flat Shoals Parkway, Decatur)
- Tucker Recreation Center (4898 LaVista Rd., Tucker)
Hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. from Monday, Oct. 15 through Friday, Nov. 2, including two Saturdays: Oct. 20 and 27.