The popular parade will affect traffic, so motorists will have to take care to keep that in mind.
Here is the breakdown what will happen when and which streets will be closed, according to Bob Sandage, owner of the Wrecking Bar Brewpub and president of the Little Five Points Business Association:
The L5P Halloween Parade entrants will be assembling in three directions from the corner of Austin Ave and Euclid Ave (at the Horizon / L5P Community Center). Assembly of parade participants will begin at 2pm. The parade begins at 4pm and will travel from Austin/Euclid towards L5P, make a right on Moreland, u-turn at the median at the Wrecking Bar, and then north on Moreland to the end at Mansfield. The parade must end by 6pm, when Moreland Ave is reopened. Here is the detailed list of street closings:
- 6 a.m. – 12 a.m. – Colquitt Ave. from L5P Music Center to Euclid Ave. – 1127 Colquitt Ave. – Artist Market. Also the right Lane Going South on Moreland from The Corner Tavern to Euclid.
- 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. – Austin Ave. from Moreland Ave. to Elizabeth St. – Parade Marshaling Area.
- 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. – Euclid from Austin Ave. to Waverly Way (Lane Closure on North Side of St.) – Parade Marshaling Area.
- 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. – Euclid from Waverly Way to Moreland Ave.
- 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. – Moreland Ave. from DeKalb Ave. to Freedom Parkway – Festival Parade.
- 6 a.m. – 12 a.m. – Euclid Ave. from Colquitt Ave. & to Moreland Ave. – Festival Site.
- 8 a.m. – 12 a.m. – Right lane going south on Moreland from the Corner Tavern to Euclid Ave. (the third lane) – Festival Site.