KIRKWOOD — The Edgewood Church wants your help in collecting non-perishable goods for its ongoing food and clothing drive this Christmas season.
Here's how the Rev. Nathan Dean, co-pastor of the church at 1560 Memorial Dr. SE, says you can help:
- Donate non-perishable food to the Edgewood Church food pantry. Meal in a can type things are typically best.
- Donate clean blankets, scarves, coats, hats, mittens, etc. by dropping them off at Uncle Maddio's Pizza in the Edgewood retail center.
- Join us for Cookie Caroling on Friday the 13th at 5:30 p.m. We'll meet at the Coan Park Pavilion. Instead of singing, we go door-to-door giving people bags of cookies and wishing them a Merry Christmas - It's Wonderful! If you end up running late, just give me a call and I'll tell you where we are.
- Invite people you know who may be by themselves on Christmas or without a good Christmas meal to the Community Christmas Feast. It will be at 12:30 p.m on Christmas Day at Edgewood Church. We did this for the first time last year and it was an incredibly beautiful moment. There are a lot of reasons why people are by themselves or without a good meal on Christmas but nobody needs to be in our community.Be sure to invite your local firemen and police officers. Flyers are attached.
- Drop off food for the Community Christmas Feast or come to serve. Let me know if you would be willing and able to bring something or serve. The targeted drop off time is between 12 p.m. and 12:30 p.m. on Christmas Day. We'll start serving food at 12:30 p.m.