Five things happening this week in and around East Atlanta Patch:
- MAMA Art Collective: Create, explore DIY design and craft, and kickstart creative businesses at Martha Brown United Methodist Church, 468 Moreland Ave. SE. May 6, 9:30 a.m.
- Pilates Classes at ABS: Pilates Modified for Absolute Beginners. Intimidated about taking a group class? This is the class for you! This class will have a relaxed pace and will offer a supportive environment for people brand new to exercise or who are returning to exercise. Absolute Body Symmetry, 749 Moreland Ave. SE. May 7, 9:45 a.m.
- Volunteer at the Wylde Center's Oakhurst Garden: Get your Hands in the soil and volunteer at the Wylde Center. Weekly opportunities available to help the center and you learn. Get out your frustrations by weeding, mulching, and learning. Gardening is a process and doing it as a team or solo can be therapeutic. Oakhurst Community Garden of the Wylde Center, 435 Oakview Road, Decatur. May 7, 4 p.m.
- Spring Adult Sports Leagues: The Atlanta Sport and Social Club is hosting Co-ed Volleyball and Basketball (Recreational), along with Men's Recreational basketball at the Highland Athletic Club. The costs are $75 for an individual for up to 8 weeks of play. Highland Athletic Club, 261 Parkway Dr. NE. May 7, 7 p.m.
- Atlanta Montessori International School Candler Park Campus School Tour: Atlanta Montessori International School is now also in Candler Park, offering AMI Montessori for infants, toddlers and primary age children. Ages 8 weeks - 6 years. Call 404.325.6777.