FRI - Aug. 3:
Friday Night Mic at My Coffee Shop in East Lake. Enjoy live music and delicious treats every Friday night at My Coffee Shop in East Lake.
- Nissan NEXT Innovation Tour. The Tour is an opportunity to explore the wide variety of cutting-edge innovations that Nissan brings to the automotive industry. At the event, Atlanta visitors will have a chance to drive a wide variety of Nissan vehicles including the 2013 Nissan Altima, the Nissan LEAF, the first mass-produced 100 percent all-electric vehicle. The Nissan NEXT Innovation Center Tour helps consumers get a glimpse of the latest driver-focused technologies before they hit the market. Nissan will also be giving away a $500 gift card to someone from the Atlanta area who visits the event. Once the 15-city tour concludes, someone who test-drove the car will be awarded a 2013 Nissan Altima.
- 5:00 pm
- , 265 Park Avenue West NW
- FREE event. Once the 15-city tour concludes, someone who test-drove the car will be awarded a 2013 Nissan Altima.
SAT - Aug. 4:
- East Lake Farmers Market. The ELF Market is a producers market featuring locally-sourced food and products.
- 9:00 am
- 2nd Ave SE & Hosea L Williams Dr SE
Imagine It! Back to School Bash at . Children will have the opportunity to practice getting on and off the Imagine It! Express school bus, make their own backpack identification tags, and at circle time listen to David Goes To School by David Shannon. There will also be schoolyard games that will exercise their brains and bodies with classics like “Simon Says” and “Red Rover."
- The End of Summer, End of the World Luau. With summer ending and the world's demise only a few short months away, the Most Right Rev. Andy & Marina the Fire-Eating Mermaid are hosting a good old fashioned end of summer, end of the world Luau! Live Music, Aquatic fire show by Marina the Fire-Eating Mermaid, tropical drinks, tiki carving, Polynesian fare and performances. Don't miss the volcano sacrifice at the end of the night.