Some 2½ weeks after getting a failing health inspection score, the Kirkwood Bar & Grill received a 76 — the equivalent of a "C" from the DeKalb County Board of Health's follow-up review Jan. 3.
The controversial establishment was cited on nine violations, down from the 12 found Dec. 18.
Among the violations found Jan. 3, the inspector observed:
- A tortilla wrap on prep counter that had been bitten. Advised PIC (person in charge) not to eat in food prep area or kitchen around food contact surfaces. Advised PIC to eat in a designated area. COS- food was removed from the kitchen. Corrected On-Site. New Violation.
- A lime juice bottle being filled with water in bar handsink. Advised PIC hand sink shall be used for no other purpose than to wash hands. COS- lime juice bottle was removed from the handsink in the bar. Corrected On-Site. Repeat Violation.
- Raw fish (two containers) stored with ready to eat foods on the fready to eat food shelf in WIC. Observed raw shell eggs stored above ready to eat foods in WIC. Advised PIC raw meats shall be seperated from ready to eat foods. COS- foods were seperated. Corrected On-Site. Repeat Violation.
- Raw ground chicken stored in between raw fish in WIC. Advised PIC to store raw meats according to final cooking temperature. COS- raw ground chicken was stored with raw chicken at bottom of the cooler. Corrected On-Site. Repeat Violation.
- Raw chicken in boxes stored on floor in WIC. Advised PIC food must be stored 6 inches above the floor. COS- food was placed on crates 6 inches above the floor. Corrected On-Site. New Violation.
Here are some other recent health inspection scores performed by DeKalb County and the Fulton County Department of Health and Wellness for restaurants in our community. Readers can click on the score to see the actual report:
- Sonic Drive-In
- 1465 Moreland Avenue
- Score: 95
- Spoon Eastside
- 749 Moreland Avenue
- Score: 90
- Supreme Fish Delight
- 362 Auburn Avenue
- Score: 96