OLD FOURTH WARD — The Old Fourth Ward is a collection of several different neighborhoods.
Fourth Ward West includes the portion bounded by North Avenue, the Baker-Highland Connector, Boulevard and Peachtree Street.
The Fourth Ward West Neighborhood Association installed its new officers for 2013.
- Tim Hollis — President
- Dan Weinstein — 1st Vice President
- Melissa Firestone — 2nd Vice President
- Andrew Randall — Secretary
- Catherine Chase — Treasurer
Hollis said the association has several key obejectives it plans to tackle in the coming year.
- Increase our partnership level with education facilities in our immediate community in order to enhance the education experience for the children attending these schools: Intown Academy, Premier Academy, Renaissance Learning Center and Operation P.E.A.C.E.
- Support Friends of Central and Renaissance Parks to ensure the Renaissance Park Dog Park is completed and being utilized by the end of the third quarter of 2013.
- Implement new outreach initiative to increase membership in the Association and to increase the resident participation level in community benefited activity.
- Support and participate in Councilman Kwanza Hall's Year of Boulevard initiatives.
- Complete planned community beautification projects, including utilization of the Adopt-A-Spot program.
- Partner with our neighboring associations in the Old Fourth Ward in fundraising efforts, which benefit the entire Old Fourth Ward community.