Today marks the third annual Halloween Hootenany at the East Atlanta Village Farmers Market.
There will a lot of activities for kids and adults including:
- Kids costume contests at 6 p.m. with fun prizes.
- Live music by the Wasted Potential Brass Band with mini-parade around EAV at 6 p.m.
- Pumpkin carving and painting for kids with SoulShine and the East Atlanta Community Association
- Face painting
- Apple cider, caramel apples, and bobbing for apples
- Prepared food and picnicking
All vendors will have have a special treat for trick-or-treaters and if your four-legged friend love to dress up too, swing by Big Daddy Biscuits's with your decked out pooch and receive a spooky howl-o-ween treat and perhaps win the prize for best costume.
After that, head across the street to the Midway Pub, co-host of the Hootenany, with some adult fun that includes:
- Adult pumpkin carving contest with panel of judges and prizes
- Spooky spirit specials and beer courtesy of Terrapin Brewing Co. with sales going to benefit the market
- Special arts & crafts fair with over 25 local crafty local vendors