Welcome to our 10th annual Chomp & Stomp Festival on Nov. 3.
We have been working hard for the past 10 years to perfect our little neighborhood fundraiser and boy have we grown in the process. Just to show you have far we have come, our first Chili Cook-off had 20 individual chilis with about 900 attendees.
Last year we had 100 individual chilis, 30 restaurants chilis, 75 artists, 30 food vendors, 15 celebrity judges, and between 19,000 and 22,000 attendees.
Where is it?:
Cabbagetown Park, 200 Tye St.
What to expect?:
A typical Chomp Festival includes a romp through Cabbagetown, described as an easy, flat, 5K followed up with beer for breakfast for the hardy.
Find that perfect spot at one of our three music stages for some bodacious bluegrass music that traveled from all over just to see you.
At 12:30 the Chili Tasting Begins. Grab that $5 spoon and dive down the Chili Rows. Are you going to hit individual chilis first or do you find it hard to resist the temptations of Restaurant Row?
Make sure to wander through our Artists' Market that has as much Cabbagetown flavor as the chili. Don’t miss Brussel Sprout Park where the stage is family friendly.
Don’t forget to wander back to our main stage for the Cabbagetown games. The brussel sprout bobbing can be a bit competitive so stand back and be amazed. At 5 p.m., we announce the winners for both the individual and restaurant chilis.
The rundown of events:
- 7 a.m.: Race registration (Milltown) No registration day of; sold out.
- 8 a.m.: Race begins
- 9 a.m.: Beer Jockeybox opens for Romp runners
- 9 a.m.: Race Awards
- 11 a.m.: FESTIVAL BEGINS* Music on our Main Stage, Amphitheatre, and Peachy Park starts, the Artists' Market is open and our Vendors and slinging food for those to hungry to wait for the chili.
- 12 p.m.: Cabbage Games (Main Stage) Honor the Cabbage!
- 12:30 p.m.: Chili Tasting begins
- 1:15 p.m.: Cabbage Games (Main Stage) Cabbage Shredding Contest
- 2:30 p.m.: Cabbage Games (Main Stage) Bobbing for Brussel Sprouts
- 4:00 p.m.: Cabbage Games (Main Stage) Slaw Eating Contes
- 5:00 p.m.: Chili Winners Announced Main Stage
- 6 p.m.: FESTIVAL ENDS