Seven Robbed At North Highland Pub
Patrons robbed at gunpoint; gunmen remain at large.
Atlanta police are looking for a pair of gunman who robbed seven people at the North Highland Pub in Inman Park late Monday.
The victims said the two men entered the bar at 469 No. Highland Ave. NE at about 11:30 p.m., pointed a gun at everyone inside and ordered the victims to place all of their valuables on the bar.
They ordered the bartender on duty to empty the drawer and they fled south on North Highland Avenue on foot with the night's receipts and the victims' valuables.
11Alive News reported they thieves left with about $400 cash, a laptop and several mobile phones.
No one was injured.
Victims' description of the suspects:
- The first is black, about 30 years old and a thin build. He wore a do-rag (usually a cut-up stocking) and a winter-like cap with earflaps. He was armed with a black and silver handgun.
- The second robber, also black, is possibly in his late 20s, short with a thin build and had a goatee.
Surveillance cameras in the bar were not working at the time.
Anyone with any information is urged to call 911 or Crime Stoppers Atlanta at 404.577.TIPS (8477).
Channel 2 Action News reported the Highland Pub's owner is offering a $5,000 cash reward.
This robbery comes amidst a sharp spike in crimes that have hit the neighborhoods patrolled by the Atlanta Police Department's Zone 6.
The zone includes Inman Park, Candler Park, East Atlanta, Kirkwood, East Lake and Ormewood Park, Poncey-Highland and Virginia-Highland.
Aggravated assaults are up citywide with 1,144 reported through June 9. That's an increase of 7.02 percent over last year's comparable period, Atlanta Police Department stats show.
But the three APD zones that cover East Atlanta Patch neighborhoods exceed the citywide average for that same period:
- Zone 3 (includes Summerhill, Peoplestown, Chosewood Park): 304 incidents, up 7.04 percent
- Zone 5 (includes Downtown, Georgia State University area): 102 incidents, up 24.39 percent
- Zone 6 (includes East Atlanta, Candler Park, Ormewood Park, Kirkwood, Old Fourth Ward, Grant Park and Virginia-Highland ): 128 incidents, up 26.73 percent