by Patch Staff
If you intend to vote in the General Primary on July 31, voter registration deadline is 5 p.m. on Monday, July 2.
To register to vote in Georgia, you must satisfy these requirements:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a legal resident of Georgia and of the county in which you wish to vote
- Be at least 18 years of age on Election Day. Once the Department receives the completed voter registration application, precinct cards are mailed within two to three weeks of that receipt.
In Fulton County, you may register to vote or update your voter information at one of three county offices:
- The Fulton County Board of Registration and Elections at 130 Peachtree St. SW, Atlanta
- The Fulton County North Annex at 7741 Roswell Rd., Atlanta
- The Fulton County South Annex at 5600 Stonewall Tell Rd., College Park.
In DeKalb County:
- Voter Registration, 4380 Memorial Dr., Suite 300, Decatur
Voter registration forms also are available at the Georgia Secretary of State’s Office and all Atlanta-Fulton County Public Library branches. You may download a voter registration form at www.fultoncountyga.gov/elections/.
Sports League Deadline:
The Atlanta Sport and Social Club is registering interested adults for Co-Ed Recreational Fútbol (Soccer), Co-Ed Flag Football and Co-Ed Dodgeball summer leagues. The deadline to register for the eight-week season is July 3. The season starts the week of July 9, and game times are 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Mondays through Wednesdays. The games are followed by a happy hour at the sponsor bars of each sport — the Midway for dodgeball, Six Feet Under for football and the Corner Tavern for fútbol (soccer). Go to www.atlantasportandsocialclub.com to get details for each sport.