Last Chance: Register To Vote for the November Election
Deadline is Tuesday, Oct. 9.
by Patch Staff
Residents wanting to vote in the Nov. 6 presidential election must register by the deadline, Tuesday, Oct. 9.
(If you're unsure about your registration, you can double-check it here at the Georgia Secrectary of State's website.)
It's important to check and see to ensure your information is up to date, particularly if you've had an address or name change.
To register to vote in Georgia, you must:
- be a United States citizen
- be a legal resident of Georgia and of the county in which you wish to vote
- be at least 18 years of age on Election Day.
Registering for the first time in Georgia? You'll need to provide one of the following forms of identification:
- Any valid state or federal government issued photo ID, including a free Voter ID Card issued by the county registrar’s office or the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS)
- A Georgia Driver’s License, even if expired
- A valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of this state
- A valid U.S. passport ID
- A valid U.S. military photo ID
- A valid tribal photo ID
- A copy of a current utility bill
- A bank statement
- A government check
- A paycheck
- Any other government document that shows the name and address of the individual
Residents registering to vote for the first time and registered voters who want to update their information both need to fill out a voter registration form.
If you want to register in person and you live in Fulton County, you may do so at the:
- Fulton County Government Center, 130 Peachtree St. SW, Suite 2186, Atlanta
- Fulton County North Service Center, 7741 Roswell Rd., Atlanta
- Fulton County South Service Center, 5600 Stonewall Tell Rd., College Park
Voter registration forms also can be found at all Atlanta-Fulton County Public Library branches.
DeKalb County residents can register in person at the Voter Registration & Elections Office, 4380 Memorial Dr., Suite 300, or any Dekalb County Library branch.
All applications must be postmarked or received by registration and elections officials by the deadline.