by Alexis J. Buchanan
Adventure Homestays Abroad is a student cultural exchange program that specializes in Short-term Inbound Programs for groups of students from a variety of countries. We use materials developed and constantly revised by teachers since the early 80s, following strict guidelines established by the US government.
We are small by design in order to provide a more personalized exchange experience to all of our participants. We are still looking for volunteer host families for 5 Chinese boy students who will be visiting Atlanta from July 19 to July 26. The students range from 7th to 10th grade. It is a very important component and a special experience for the foreign student to live with a Host Family. The exchange students are expected to have a proficiency in English well enough to get along on their own.
- It is only for 7 days, beginning the evening of July 19th – leaving the morning of July 26th
- Children do not have to have their own rooms, just their own sleeping space, i.e. air mattress, cot, etc.
- They do have activities scheduled each weekday, with full days spent with the host family on the weekend. The children come with their own money and liability insurance.
- The host family will be responsible for dropping the student off at the host school each weekday morning by 9 a.m., and picking them up at 5:30 p.m. each weekday in order for the students to attend their daily activities. The host school is the Horizons School located in Lake Claire at 1900 DeKalb Ave. NE.
- Your children will have the opportunity to exchange with this student’s family or any of other countries that we service if you participate.
These students have never been to Atlanta before and are very excited about visiting America and being a part of an American family. If you are interested in becoming a host family this summer please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 404.931.6155. We have to have these slots filled ASAP, so please contact us right away!