by Patch Staff
GPCP, which has campuses both in Grant Park and Cabbagetown, seeks candidates for its teaching staff who have:
- strong communication and organization skills in addition to being caring, intuitive, and creative.
- a bachelor’s degree
- experience working with young children
- an understanding of early childhood development
- working knowledge of the Reggio Emilia philosophy to early childhood education.
Epworth has positions for preschool teachers. The jobs begin in August and candidates will be interviewed this month and next month.
Epworth seeks qualified teachers who have:
- excellent communication skills for e-mails and newsletters sent out
- a strong work ethic
- positive energy about ECE
- a focus on teamwork because educators will have a co-teacher and responsibilities will be split 50/50
- at least 2 yrs experience in a childcare role
- extensive knowledge of Bright from the Start rules and regulations or the desire to read these and learn
- a clean criminal background check
- the ability to lift 30lbs and stand for long periods of time
- a CDA or higher
- CPR/First Aid/Fire Safety certification — or willing to become certified in August 2012
The positions are part-time with hourly pay of $11.55 per hour. Work days are MON-THURS from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Teachers are not salaried and are paid only when at work. Pay is received monthly and new hires will undergo a 90-day probationary term.
Applicants should have a CDA, associates degree in an education field, or a bachelor's degree in a related field. Send both a cover letter and a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.