Five Things Happening This Week
Events of note in East Atlanta Patch
by Patch Staff
- The Kirkwood Neighbor's Organization meets at 7 p.m. in the Turner Monumental A.M.E. Church, 66 Howard St. NE.
- The East Lake Neighbors Community Association meets at 7 p.m. at the Charles Drew Charter School, 301 East Lake Blvd. SE.
- The East Atlanta Community Association holds its monthly meeting meeting at the Branan Towers, 1200 Glenwood Ave. SE at 7 p.m.
- The third annual Monster Dash 5K returns to Grant Park. The Dash includes a 5K run/walk, a 1-mile fun run, and, for kids five years old and younger, a Little Goblins Run. Everyone is encouraged to come in costume for event. Pre-register at www.GPCP.org/MonsterDash or www.Active.com by Wednesday, Oct. 12. All proceeds benefit the Grant Park Cooperative Preschool. 5K is $20 pre-registered; $25 race day; 1 Mile is $15 and Little Goblins Run is FREE for children 5 and under.
- Candler Park Fall Festival. Presented by the Candler Park Neighborhood Organization, the 11-annual Candler Park Fall Fest is a free, neighborhood event with live music, more than 100 artists' booths, a kid’s area, a 5K Road Race, and a Tour of Homes. 1500 McLendon Ave. NE from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m.