Five Things Happening This Week
Events of note in East Atlanta Patch
- The Atlanta City Council meets today at 1 p.m. in Atlanta City Hall, 55 Trinity Ave. SW. See the full agenda here: http://citycouncil.atlantaga.gov/AGENDAS2.HTM.
- The Land Use Committee of Neighborhood Planning Unit-W meets at 7 p.m. at Martha Brown United Methodist Church, 468 Moreland Ave. SE. NPU-W includes the Benteen Park, Boulevard Heights, Custer/McDonough/Guice, East Atlanta, Grant Park, Oakland, Ormewood Park, State Facility and Woodland Hills.
- RCC Homebuyer Education Workshop at the Lang Carson Community Center, 100 Flat Shoals Ave. SE. Learn about the mortgage loan process, home inspection/appraisal, credit reports, realtor expectations, down payment assistance, and your legal rights. The seminar is scheduled to run from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The cost is $30. For more info call 404.525.4130 ext. 17 or email HOC@reynoldstown.org. Visit the website here: http://rrc.reynoldstown.org/index.php.
- The Kirkwood Neighbor's Organization meets at 7 p.m. at Turner Monumental A.M.E. Church, 66 Howard St. NE. The meeting is expected to last through 8:30 p.m. See the community organization's website here: http://www.historic-kirkwood.com/
- Fire Station 13 in East Atlanta hosts its 2nd Annual Open House and Fundraiser at 447 Flat Shoals Ave. There will be live music, hot dogs and cold drinks, a tour of the fire station, fire safety tips and a silent auction. The kids will enjoy pictures with the fire fighters and fire engines, face painting and games. All proceeds benefit East Atlanta Fire Station 13 and its fire fighters. The festivities go from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.