View East Atlanta area Sex Offenders in a full screen map
After talking to our children all year about being safe and not talking to strangers, there's one day each year we send them out onto the streets and tell them to knock on strangers' doors.
Halloween is upon us, and Patch wants to help everyone stay safe.
So we've created this map of registered sex offenders in East Atlanta Patch, so you can choose whose door to knock on and whose not to — especially if your family is trick-or-treating in a new neighborhood, with friends or at Grandma's.
Georgia has 21,559 registered sex offenders, including 4,127 offenders who live in the state but are registered with an out-of-state jurisdiction.
Fulton County has the the most registered sex offenders in the state with 1,523. DeKalb County is No.2 with 1,026 registered offenders.
To check out your neighborhood, zoom in or out of the map above. Click on a flag to get specific addresses or consult the list below the map by scrolling on the right-hand side of the map.
To find out more information about the people listed here, and to see photos, visit the Georgia Bureau of Investigation's Sex Offender Registry.
See More on Patch
- Crime Report: Pepper Spray Robbery; A Carjacking, Stabbing Between Acquaintances
- Motorist, Stopped for Directions, Gets Tased
- Want to Prevent Crime? Get Plugged In
- Inman Park Businessman Among 20+ East Atlanta Patch Runners at Boston Marathon
- Declined Credit Card Sparks Tasing Incident at Graveyard Tavern