DeKalb Residents Can Vote on Saturday, Oct. 20
As of Wednesday, more than 16,000 DeKalb County residents had cast early ballots. County residents will have two chances for Saturday voting.
by Patch Staff
East Atlanta Patch registered voters who live in DeKalb County — Candler Park, Edgewood, Lake Claire, Kirkwood, East Lake, Gresham Park and East Atlanta — can cast their ballots from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. today, Saturday, Oct. 20, at the following locations:
- DeKalb Voter Registration & Elections Office at 4380 Memorial Dr., Suite 300, Decatur. This site has special provisions for seniors and disabled citizens.
- South DeKalb - Community Achievement Center Inc. at 4522 Flat Shoals Parkway, Decatur
- Tucker Recreation Center at 4898 LaVista Road, Tucker
Saturday voting will also be held Saturday, Oct. 27, at the same locations. You don't need to give any reason to vote early. But remember to take one of these forms of photo ID with you so you don't have problems:
- Georgia driver's license, even if it's expired.
- Valid state or federal government issued photo ID, including one issued by the Department of Driver Services or your county registrar's office.
- Valid U.S. passport.
- Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of this state.
- Valid U.S. military photo ID.
- Valid Tribal photo.
From Oct. 29 to Nov. 2, four other polls will be open for early voting:
- Clark Harrison Building, 330 W. Ponce de Leon Ave., Room A, Decatur
- Chamblee Civic Center, 3540 Broad St., Chamblee
- Berean Christian Church Community Center, 2440 Young Road, Stone Mountain
No early voting will be allowed on Saturday, Nov. 3, or Monday, Nov. 5.