DeKalb County to Host Voter Education and Registration
Training sessions designed to provide residents with information about voter registration, identification requirements and to conduct voter registration drives.
by Patch Staff
ONE DeKalb Votes and the DeKalb County Voter Registration & Elections Office, will host a voter education and registration training on Monday, Sept. 17, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. for residents.
The training sessions will be held at the Voter Registration & Elections Office, 4380 Memorial Drive, Suite 300 in Decatur.
The training sessions are designed to provide residents with information about voter registration, ID requirements and conducting voter registration drives. The workshops will empower neighborhood leaders and participants to respond to questions and conduct voter registration drives in their respective neighborhoods, churches and schools.
East Atlanta Patch is comprised of several city of Atlanta neighborhoods that fall in DeKalb County's jurisdiction including East Atlanta, East Lake, the Villages of East Lake, Lake Claire, Candler Park, Edgewood and Kirkwood. It also includes portions of unicorporated DeKalb including Gresham Park and Parkview.
The training sessions are broken into two parts:
Part I — 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Learn the when, why and how of voting:
- Summary of changes in voting laws
- Voter ID requirements
- Absentee voting and early voting
- Election dates, and much more
Part II — 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Learn how to assist residents with registering to vote.
- This forum will provide an overview of the necessary rules and procedures.
- A voting booth will also be set up during the workshop to enable trainees to become familiar with its usage.
Training materials will be provided to participants. To attend, residents will have to register.