It's been quite a busy week crimewise, with carjackings, assaults and armed robberies in our East Atlanta Patch neighborhoods.
Unfortunately, the criminals are taking advantage of any and every opportunity.
The Grant Park Parents Network issued warning regarding an incident in Glenwood Park Monday. Three teens robbed a man near the pond in the park area of the Glenwood Park neighborhood.
Following the brazen, noontime robbery, the teens escaped in a tan-colored car with the victim's wallet and mobile phone. The victim was unharmed.
Bottom line: be aware of anyone and every around you.
Separately, GPPN posted an alert regarding what may have been an armed incident in Cabbagetown Park on Tuesday. But Sam Gris, public safety chairman of the Cabbagetown Neighborhood Improvement Association, said the incident appeared suspicious, but there was no armed robbery.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- 280 Elizabeth St. Development to Break Ground in July
- Catalytic Converter Theft Warning Issued for Honda Element Owners
- Crime Report: Pepper Spray Robbery; A Carjacking, Stabbing Between Acquaintances
- Education: The Best- and Worst-Performing Schools of East Atlanta Patch
- UPDATED: Sweet Auburn Music Fest This Weekend